
My original idea was to create a space in nature. The idea was to possibly take an existing thing in nature and copy the idea of it's process by putting my own spin on it, but also exaggerated in size.
Parts of my inspiration was thinking how animals adapt to their surroundings and make their home off what is availiable. Another detail I liked is how some animals wander and just pick a place without much thought. After a day of thinking about it, I wanted to make a shelter myself in the woods. Think of it like a clubhouse, making a place in the wild my own, cultivating the wild. I think of Lions on the Discovery Channel as a prime example. They make their home where ever it seems, not because of a purpose, but because of comfort and maybe easy access to food. Not because of safety from the weather or predators. Although herbivores might consider their home close to a source of water or a tree of ripe fruit, Lions might suddenly consider their home near this fruit tree as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment