Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quickie #1 - Ideal/Non-Ideal Body Part


I figured out what to do for my first quickie based off what my neighbor seemed interested in, fantasy. Building off that idea, I then used the idea of how society strives to be perfect and appealing, so I decided to use the ideal man's dream of tremendous strength, looking tough, and being fierce. After several series of sketches and lists, I decided to target the arms as being the usual source of power and went for a robotic/fantasy theme.


After deciding that my quickie was going to be a robotic arm, I searched through my apartment and found some cardboard from the center of my new blanket and decided to spray paint it with some leftover paint.

It's meant for Plastic surfaces, but it stuck on just fine. :)

After cutting them in sections for different parts of the arm, I started to shape them to make them look a little more appealing and accent what he wanted.

I wrapped a garbage bag around his arm to have something for the tape to stick to and to add something other than just cardboard.

I started to shape the pieces as I applied them onto his arm.

All the pieces are in place and cropped. At this point, I'm making sure that his arm has mobility.

Close up.

I added spikes to the piece to make him look more fierce.

Finished painting the yellow symbol. My 'doll' is breaking in the finished product.

Some final poses.

Flexing pose.


Full Body shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment